May 262008

This major devastation happened earlier tonight just two miles directly north of my house…..

Tornadodamage2

Tornadodamage

Check out this video of the aerial footage.  I was not at home when this happened, but E was and said it was pretty scary.  Our house got hit hard with hail and has quite a bit of damage, but nothing like these houses pictures above.  A two year old was killed in this storm and 20 people are still missing.  I will be out taking pictures tomorrow when it is light.

I appreciate the calls, e-mails and texts from everyone checking on us. Sorry I wasn't home all evening to let everyone know we are okay!

16 Responses to “Devastating Tornado hits Hugo”

Comments (16)
  1. OMG! Glad you are both alright! It is such a scary time of year when the storms sweep up & they have been doing just that this weekend! I was catching a glimpse of the storms the other day on CNN that they had in Kansas, MO. Thanks for posting so we know you are ok!

2. WOW! I’m glad you’re ok! What a terrible thing to happen.. and so close to home. Scary!

3. I was thinking of you guys up there last night when I heard about this… So glad you and your home are safe! Keep us in the loop. That’s scary stuff!!

4. glad you are okay…

5. Sounds like most of our houses are damaged. We need new siding, some new lights, a new screen door along with all my newly planted flowers and some of our trees were hit too. I can’t really complain though, I still have all my kids and pets here and had a place to sleep last night. I am so saddened for that poor family who lost their 2 year old. It’s just devastating. I have to say though, I’m very thankful that we weren’t home. Despite the cosmetic repairs, it would have been scary for the kiddos.
    Oh, and we still had golf ball size hail in our yard last night past 8pm, over 3 hours later! It must have been huge!

6. Glad to hear that you are safe. What an awful thing that has happened. It definitely reminds you to count your blessings when you hear of a family who has lost their home or has a missing child.

7. Holy S#!&!!!! I haven’t heard about this. We weren’t home last night. I’m glad to hear that you guys are both safe! XoXo!

8. Wow. Just… wow. I’m glad to hear that you’re ok!

9. I am so glad you guys are okay!

10. OMG! So glad you are okay!

11. i’ve been wondering about you guys! it started in our area… talk of a tornado only, though. glad you’re ok.

12. I am so glad you are ok!!!

13. Good to know that you are safe and can’t believe this happened just 2 miles away! Very scary! Very sad as well for the families that now have loss.

14. holy crap!
    I had NO idea…
    I didn’t watch the news all weekend.
    I’m SOOOO glad you’re okay!
    How scary!

15. OMG! I am so glad that you are okay. That is completely devastating and I cannot even imagine being in that or seeing the devastation first hand. WOW!

16. holy shit woman!! i haven’t made my blog rounds….i am glad everything is ok with you all…have they found the missing people yet? I will be praying for the families…terrible….