Aug 272008

I spent about 5-6 hours at the State Fair last night, eating and spending a ton of $$$$$$$$$.  It was fun! 90% of the time I was there
stuffing my face.  Seriously! Good thing everything was shared or the medics would've
had to wheel me out of there on a stretcher!! I know this is the worst
photo I have ever posted of myself on this blog, but I'm keeping it
real today.  Nothing like getting caught with a foot-long corn dog in
your mouth!!

IMG_1207

Besides the corn dog, I sampled:

*Elk Burger
*Taco from Mexican Hat (sooooo much better than Taco King!)
*Deep-fried ravioli
*Angus Bites
*Bacon-wrapped turkey tenderloin
*Cheese curds
*Shaved Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
*Scottish Egg
*Sweet Martha's Cookies (who wouldn't need sweets after all that MEAT???!!!)

I took a couple of boring pictures….

State record Muskie, almost 5 feet long.  There are several of these bad-boys in White Bear Lake (some even bigger!!).  Does anyone wonder WHY I don't like swimming in lakes?????  I know two people who have caught a muskie bigger than this in WBL within the past month (although both times the fish never made it in the boat).
IMG_1174

One of my favorite places is the Bazaar.  Bought a couple of these hot sauces.  Hopefully I bought the ones that will NOT make my face spontaneously combust!

IMG_1182

Besides eating, we also shopped and found a couple of things that we just couldn't leave there!! Let's just say our household Christmas shopping is now complete 😉

I am looking forward to another trip to the Fair on Friday night 🙂

Posted by at 8:17 am

13 Responses to “Eating at the MN State Fair….”

Comments (12) Pingbacks (1)
  1. Maybe I will see you at the fair friday. I will be there with Tam.

2. LOVE the pic Kritti!! Have you done the corn dog vs. pronto pup taste test?
    I wrote a blog about it 2 years ago: http://dirtymartinisandabottleofwine.blogspot.com/2006/09/mn-state-sair.html
    Don’t knw if I’m going to make it to the fair this year… good to know you are keeping them in business 😉

3. haha! That corn dog looks so Yummy! and it sounds like there was a ton of yummy food. I love things like that where you can taste a little of everything.

4. You just made me VERY hungry!!!!!

5. did you puke?

6. I love fair food!

7. This fair really must be something! I’ve read about it on a bunch of different blogs now 🙂 Sounds like fun!
    There is a fair in a few weeks near me that I’ve never been to before. I’m looking forward to it……..especially the fried dough 🙂

8. Oh man, now I want more curds! Damn you! And that fish! Geez, I’d shit my pants if I saw that in a lake!

9. Now I want to go back to the fair just to eat more. lol

10. okay seriously, i have to get to the fair like um soon! i’ve never been there! sounds like you had fun!

11. OK…so I heard the deep fried pickle is a must…along with waffle on a stick…anything else I need to know for Monday when I go…AGAIN?!

12. What a fun Sunday! It’s so fun to go to those things – you try all kinds of new good, spend time outside, people watch, listen to music. That makes me want to go to the next one here in Arizona. I haven’t been to one since we lived in Dallas. So, it’s been at least four years, I guess. And kudos to you for ‘keeping it real’. I’m a big fan of that. Every picture taken is NOT good, nor is every day. I hate blogs that are 100% totally positive and not reflective of days we aren’t glowing and happy, you know?