May 262009

I ate so much this weekend that I think I might just be permanently full.
Uggg!
My brother Jeff threw his 3rd Annual Birthday BBQ (remember his 1st BBQ or 2nd BBQ? Last year during his bbq a deadly tornado touched down in Hugo, the city I live in).  This year the feast was appropriately nicknamed Porkapalooza with the main features being Ribs and Pulled Pork sandwiches.  Jeff got a new smoker to do them up just right….
IMG_6540
Ribs anyone?
IMG_6541
There was enough meat by itself to feed a small army, and in addition to that, I would say 95% of the guests brought a side dish, appetizer or dessert to share.  The amount of food was incredible!! The 10 ft island in Jeff's kitchen was packed full.  Here is what was left after 40 or so people ate:

IMG_6591

Jeff had a nice number of both friends and family at the party, here are some of the family pics:

IMG_6552

IMG_6548

IMG_6574

IMG_6583-pretty

IMG_6576-pretty

IMG_6571

IMG_6586-pretty

IMG_6549

IMG_6580-pretty
IMG_6550

IMG_6590-pretty

IMG_6588 copy

Thanks for the awesome BBQ Jeff! Looking forwward to more in the future!

11 Responses to “Porkapalooza 2009”

Comments (10) Pingbacks (1)
  1. Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

2. What a fun day!!

3. Yes, lots and lots of food. Tasty! IT was a good time, minus the constant chasing of the little monster!

4. Bennett sure is into everything!!! Like you didn’t already have your hands
    full enough already. LOL!

5. Looks like fun and the meat looks so good. You look thin in those pics!

6. Whoa – that was a lot of pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all.
    Have you ever thought about starting a book club? You do so much reading? I wonder if we could set up a virtual book club?

7. I read all the time (when I get off the dang computer!). I would probably
    be interested in a virtual book club as long as I don’t have to run it!!

8. Why thanks Dana! I’ll admit I do look thinner than usual in those pics…not
    sure why?! Maybe its the shirt…. too bad I don’t have it in every color if
    it makes me look thinner! LOL

9. It looks like everyone had such a good time! I loved the name.

10. That food sounds good again right about now!