Nov 162009

A CAMERA!!!!!!

It's been over three months now that I have been without a camera.  After months of researching, I am pretty sure that I have decided the Nikon D5000 is the camera I want to buy. This will be my first-ever SLR camera, my first-ever Nikon.

D5000

Does anyone else have this beauty? Any thoughts on Nikon Vs Canon? I have been a longtime Canon user and I am seriously considering this big switch…… (Hopefully I can save enough money to buy it sometime next year)

I am curious to know what camera everyone else uses around here, so please enlighten me by sharing in the comments.  Thanks!

13 Responses to “All I want for Christmas is……..”

Comments (13)
  1. I have a Canon 40D and I love the hell out of it. I’m a big time Canon fan, but there are just as many people who love their Nikons.
    Using a DSLR makes the whole photography experience so great. It gives you so much control!

2. i am a canon girl although i don’t have anything against nikon…i just always bought canons….i love my slr although i don’t use it as much as i would like to because it is so freaking heavy.

3. You know I have the 20D and want to upgrade lol. I’m a Canon girl at heart but Nikons are really good Cameras as well.

4. Well I have always been a Canon girl! I have the Canon XTI that I bought a few years ago. I have my eye on a Canon 7D or my drean the Canon 5D Mark11. Good Luck you will love whatever camera you choose.:)

5. hope that finds its way into your stocking 🙂

6. < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    I worry about the size & weight of an SLR too, Greta.  I will probably end up getting my Canon G series for a point & shoot (awesome camera that I loved!) after I buy the NIkon SLR

7. I don’t know anything about that camera but I did do a lot of research on Nikon’s and Canon’s in general and while I was set on Nikon, I changed my mind that I would go with a Canon….when that day comes that I have enough money to purchase one! I hope you get what you want for Christmas!

8. Oh, it is absolutely beautiful!! I hope you’re able to get it … and soon. I’m a Canon 20D user. I have two friends with the same one. So, I like that, but I know so many people who are Nikon fans and think they also make great cameras. All that matters is that it’s a good fit for you. Happy wishing! You better be good so Santa delivers!!

9. I want a that camera too.

10. Nikon huh? Trader! Just kidding. I don’t know anything about that camera. My best advice though would to buy the body only and buy a 50mm lens, it’s my almost always lens, next to the 85mm.

11. < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    I might just buy the camera body now and buy the lens later, but we'll see!  Is the 50mm lens for zoom or macro?

12. Hello, why doesn’t this stupid comment show up?

13. The 50mm lens is great for portraits but rarely leaves my camera since it’s also just a great overall. It’s a prime lens (no zoom) so you “zoom” it by moving your body 🙂 Get the 1.8 to start (about $100 fir the Nikkor brand) or, if you can afford the jump go for the 1.4. Either are great for indoor, lower light shots without a flash. You won’t regret it – huge difference over any kit lens.