I love cookies, especially chocolate chip, but there is no doubt in my mind that not all cookies are created equally.
This recipe comes from my Aunt Carol, who has always made the best chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 sticks room-temp butter (minus 1 tbs)
- replace the one tbls of butter with 1 tbls of crisco
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips
- 1/4 cup of heath bar bits (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Using a wooden spoon, cream the softened butter and the sugars. Then add egg and vanilla, stir well.
Slowly add 2 1/2 cups flour to dough, mix well. Once mixed, add chocolate chips, toffee chips and crushed nuts to dough.
Drop spoon-sized amounts of chocolate chip cookie dough onto cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
Bake cookies 10-11 minutes or until center is still slightly soft but edges are golden brown. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack. Wait at least 10 minutes then serve with milk!