1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make a resolution but wanted to make more time for my friends. I did not spend as much time with all of them as I would have liked
2. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? So many great things but I would say GETTING PREGNANT!!!
3. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
4. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Getting pregnant after nearly two years of trying
5. What was an unexpected obstacle?
6. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Visited San Francisco, attended a mountain-top wedding
7. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A newer car, a real wedding ring
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did anyone close to you give birth? Rich & Angel had Jackson 7-10-12
11. Did anyone close to you die? Noemy’s mom, Virginia
12. What states/countries did you visit?
13. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 25th- Jeffanda’s wedding in California, August 23rd- Day we found out we were expecting, October 5th- Kim and Brent’s wedding
14. How did you spend Christmas?
Sick as a dog. Fondue with my family on Christmas Eve and then a visit to my aunt Carol’s house Christmas Day followed by prime rib dinner with my in-laws
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35. I started my day at the School district Spelling Bee, then walked around Como Zoo, then went bowling at Flagherty’s with my BFFs, then Erick took my out for an amazing meal at Acqua. Great day!
16. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just morning sickness and that made me pretty sick for the first 16 weeks. Healthy otherwise
17. What was the best thing you bought?
18. Whose behavior merited celebration?
19. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
20. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, food and weddings!!!!
21. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Positive pregnancy test, all the weddings I had to attend for family and close friends
22. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
more pregnant, that’s for sure!!
c) richer or poorer?
Unfortunately I took a big salary cut
23. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Thinking about raising a child instead of just the two of us
24. In what way(s) did you grow:
- emotionally? Stronger
- spiritually? Closer and more thankful to God
- physically? Able to conceive and carry a baby naturally
25. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? Some are stronger, others have become less close
26. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Erick, my family
27. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes, with my unborn child
28. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I hate no one
29. Who did you miss?
Noemy and Leslie
30. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably my friend Lynsey at work
31. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Cooking meals at home with my honey
32. What was your most challenging area of home management? Clearing out the guest room
33. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
34. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
35. What do you wish you’d done more of? Written restaurant reviews for the TCRB, spent time with friends
36. What do you wish you’d done less of? Working in the summer
37. What was the best book you read?
Girl in Translation, The Beach Trees
38. What was your favorite TV program?
Revenge, New Girl, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars
39. What was your favorite movie of this year?
40. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I’m not a big celebrity follower
41. What did you want and get? an HD Samsung TV and a baby (on the way!)
42. What did you want and not get?
A newer car
43. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Anything that fits! lo
45. What kept you sane? I’m a pretty calm, cool and collect person naturally
46. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential Election
47. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Never give up hope! If it is meant to be, it is meant to be….
48. What song will always remind you of 2012?
49. How did you ring in the New Year? Romantic dinner at Woolley’s Steakhouse, complete with steak and lobster
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.